Wednesday, February 23, 2011

What is a PLN?

How would you like to learn new things everyday, or just when you want to, that will help you in your classroom?  YOU CAN!  All you need to do is build a Professional Learning Network (PLN).  A PLN can be whatever you need it to be....blogs, Twitter, podcasts, and more!  

I was a hold out on Twitter until a couple of week ago.  I was getting ready to go to the Midwest Educational Technology Conference (METC) and everyone was talking about following the conference on Twitter.  I broke down and got a Twitter account and now I am hooked!  I can talk, in 140 characters or less, with teachers around the nation (or world) about what I need to know!  I have learned a lot from the people I follow on Twitter.  Please don't think that the only people on Twitter are the "tech" people.  There are people talking about all parts of education.  Check out the video from commoncraft.com that tells you about Twitter. 


No comments:

Post a Comment