Monday, March 7, 2011

Why the Cloud?

I am so happy that I started doing most of my work in the cloud and NOT saving it on my computers hard drive.  My home computer got a nasty virus over the weekend. I was lucky because I did not have to panic about loosing my important documents because they were not saved on my computer.  I have been using the Sky Drive that is a part of my Hot Mail to do my computer work for home and school. The reason I started was because I could work on things at home and at school without having to remember my flash drive.  I never thought about the fact that my computer could crash and I would loss all my work. I am just happy that the 15 pages of my masters thesis are safe on the cloud, and backed up on a flash drive. There are several ways to work in the cloud Sky Drive is just one of them. I have used Google Doc too and I think I am going to start using it full time...more on that later. Be looking for more information about using the cloud.

No comments:

Post a Comment