Monday, April 25, 2011

Where do your footprints lead?

As I keep thinking about "big brother" and or digital footprint a story about smart phones tracking our movements broke at the end of last week.  This is not something new. We have been tracked by cell phone and credit card providers for year. What is new is the amount and detailed data that they can collect. People need to remember that your internet activity is being tracked as well.  This weekend my husband and I looked up bathroom vanities on Saturday.  When my husband got back on his computer on Sunday night he has several add for bathroom vanities.  Is this a bad thing?  I guess it depends on how you look at it.  The bigger question is, are you telling your students?  I have not told my students but I feel that I should.  It all becomes apart of who you are online and you just never know what might comeback and get you.

No comments:

Post a Comment